Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mom Helper

This school year I've been volunteering at the Elementary School. I help out in Kevin's Kindergarten class every Tuesday morning and in Jonathon's 3rd grade class every other Thursday morning. I do all sorts of assignments: make copies, help children complete their work, record assignments, file papers, etc.

Today, I saw another "mom helper" at the school who asked me, "Are you here all the time? Every time I'm here, I see you here." It made me laugh because sometimes I do feel like I am there a lot, but I enjoy it.

Today I helped test the kindergarten children on their letters/numbers to help the teacher prepare for report cards. No matter what I do, I enjoy having the chance to be part of my children's academic world. They are constantly asking, "How many days until you help in my class again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment