Friday, December 10, 2010

A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey

I just finished watching "A Christmas Carol," the version with Jim Carrey, for the first time. I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. I was impressed with the computer animation and the Victorian scenery. And on the whole, I liked the representations of the human characters, although to me Scrooge seemed too aged and wizened. And some of the scenes were a little weird for me, like when Mrs. Fezziwig goes spinning up in the air during her dance with Mr. Fezziwig or when Marley's jaw came unhinged. And I was baffled by the characters of Marley and The Ghost of Christmas Past. They were both too far out and strange for me. Still...like I said, on the whole I liked it. And my kids loved it! They are watching it again right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment