Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Secretariat


Last night we watched Secretariat for Family Home Evening. I really enjoyed it!!! Yet afterwards I couldn't seem to shake some feelings of sadness and melancholy, and I couldn't figure out why. Afterall, the movie had a happy ending..... Eventually I came to the conclusion that the movie had stirred up feelings of sentimentality. The captions at the end reminded me that nothing stays the same. Parents die, children grow up, relationships change, and so do we. I guess that's why it's so important to love and cherish the people in our lives today and to fully enjoy the present because we never know what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

  1. We've wanted to see this movie! I can't wait to see it. Maybe since we're all sick I'll go rent it. Love this blog. This post was touching. Sure love you!

    ReplyDelete