Friday, February 18, 2011

Fifty Recipes Project: 1, 2, & 3


Recipe 1: Chantal's New York Cheesecake: My new recipe project started off with a bang with this delicious cheesecake. It was so yummy!!! My family loved it. It's a basic, but delicious recipe. I tried to include a link, but I couldn't get it to work. If you want to check it out, just go to allrecipes.com and look up Chantal's New York Cheesecake. As suggested by reviewers, I reduced the amount of flour by half for a creamier texture. I also thickened the crust by using two cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 Cup of melted butter and two tablespoons of sugar. Give this recipe a try. I think you'll like it. Just don't make the same mistake I did by baking it in a 7-inch springform pan. The top puffed up over the top, then fell. But it still tasted delicious!!


Recipe Two: Breakfast Casserole: Unfortunately, neither my family nor I cared much for this dish. It was full of sausage, croissants, hashbrowns, and cheese, so I was afraid it would taste like plate of grease. It didn't. It was actually dry and very bland. How could something so fattening taste so blah?!!! I had lots of leftovers to give away. At least my parents' dogs enjoyed it.


Recipe Three: Creamy Swordfish on Noodles: I'd only eaten swordfish a couple of times, but I was hooked from the first bite. Yum yum yummy!!! Unfortunately, my budget doesn't enjoy swordfish nearly as much as my taste buds do. I simply couldn't bring myself to spend $18 for a bag of frozen swordfish, so I bought frozen chicken instead. It was still really good though!! Unfortunately, my family didn't agree, so I probably won't be making it again. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment