Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Recent Activities

I finally decided to act on all the recommendations I'd received, and took a stab at The Hunger Games Series. I loved the books, especially the first and second ones. I'm sending out a big "Thank You!" to all my friends who recommended them to me!!
After finishing the Hunger Games series, I decided to stick with the Young Adult Genre by reading "I Am Number Four."  I enjoyed reading the book and am looking forward to seeing the movie.
While running errands in my car, I've been listening to a series of lectures on British History, a topic that has always interested me. They are part of The Great Courses Series, which I would highly recommend to anyone who is interested in learning.
My daughter Makenna has been watching a lot of Twilight Zone episodes lately. Often, the whole family, myself included, end up watching them with her. I actually kinda like them. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love the hunger games series, but definitely thought the last one was a LAME and anti-climactic book throughout. I am Number Four is on my list. And I love the Twilight Zone but need someone to watch it with me so I don't get scared. :)

    ReplyDelete