Friday, July 15, 2011

The Bachelorette


So, I probably shouldn't admit this, but after years of  avoiding reality shows (with the exception of American Idol) like the plague, I have managed to get myself hooked on the current season of The Bachelorette. Years ago, when the first seasons of The Bachelor and Bachelorette came on, I became a loyal fan. But after awhile I became disgusted by the silliness and shallowness of the shows, and vowed to stay away from those types of programs. And I did really well until one recent weekend when I was home alone and feeling a little lonely. I started flipping through channels and ended up watching the Bachelorette. Next thing I knew my daughter and I were going online to catch up on all the episodes we'd missed and anxiously awaiting our weekly Bachelorette fix.  Yep, we are obsessed!!! 

Unfortunately, my two favorite contestants have already been kicked off.

Lucas-What can I say?? I have always been a sucker for blonds and for accents.

Blake-Super Attractive and Super Smart.

I am still wondering what possessed me to start watching this show, why I became so hooked, and why I continue watching even though I am tired of Ashley and of all the guys who are left. Luckily, it will all be over in a few short weeks.

 I have learned one good lesson from watching this show (besides the fact that I was an idiot to start watching it again). It was that even the best looking, smartest, most amazing individuals get their hearts broken sometimes. That's a good lesson for me right now. So I guess I have gotten something out of this crazy ridiculous show.

No comments:

Post a Comment