Sunday, July 17, 2011

100 Totally Random Things About Me

Okay, so this is probably way more info than you could possibly care to know about me, but here it is, 100 random facts about me.

1. I have always been a bookworm.

2. I sometimes get really antsy when I watch movies in a theatre.

3. I hate talking on the phone.

4. I am obsessed with things that smell good-perfume, scented lotions, candles etc.

5. I love wearing really high heels. I fully realize that I will someday break an ankle, but until then....

6. I graduated from BYU.

7. I spent a semester abroad at The BYU Jerusalem Center.

8. I served a mission in Tacoma, Washington.

9. I have a weakness for designer jeans, though I only own a couple of pairs.

10. I think Retin-A is one of the greatest inventions in the history of the earth.

11. I am always trying to lose weight.

12. I am currently the second counselor in the primary and I love it!!

13. My hair is naturally curly, though I rarely wear it that way.

14. I love learning, both formally and informally.
.
15. I wish I was a neat freak.

16. I am grateful to have some truly amazing women as my best friends.

17. I have four wonderful children.

18. I wear contacts.

19. I studied Sociology in college, with the intention to eventually go on to get a masters degree in social work.

20. My favorite store is Down East Basics.

21. My favorite books include Rebecca, The Far Pavillions, Gone With The Wind, Jane Eyre, and  Phillippa Carr's Daughters of England series.

22. I like mystery/crime television shows like CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds, and The Mentalist.

23. I love chick flicks.

24. I use four different acne medications to keep my skin clear.

25. I have two older sisters and three younger brothers.

26. My family used to spend a month traveling the country each summer.

27. I get nervous flying on airplanes, especially when there is turbulance.

28. I fantasize about having a summer cottage in England.

29. I have a white/blue personality type on Color Code Personality Type.

30. I am an INFJ on the Myers-Brigg test.

31. I love to go for long walks in the evenings with my son Matthew.

32. My daughter Makenna lives in a constant state of mortification regarding some aspect of my appearance.

33. I really enjoyed serving in the Young Women's organization.

34. I am shy in big groups of people, but usually fairly comfortable in one-on-one conversations.

35. My daughter says I own way too many green shirts.

35. I adore lip gloss.

36. I loved playing with Strawberry Shortcake Dolls when I was a little girl.

37. I'm interested in English History.

38. My son Kevin says I should cut my hair because it is EVERYWHERE!

39. I love taking bubble baths.

40. I enjoy visiting with my girlfriends.

41. I love Colonial and Victorian homes.

42. I lived in Newport Beach, CA for five years.

43. I wish I wasn't such a worrier.

44. I am very close to my mom and my sister Tammy.
.
45  President Kimball kissed me when I was a baby.

46. I love frilly, feminine tops.

47. My favorite foods include cinnamon rolls, cheesecake, and carrot cake.

48. I dread the day when my children will start leaving for college.

49. Sometimes I love to cook. Sometimes I hate it.

50. Both of my grandmothers served missions before they got married.

51. I am always freezing cold in swimming pools.

52. I like suspenseful movies.

53. I enjoying staying in touch with friends through Facebook.

54. I was on the dance team in high school.

55. I try to avoid being out in the sun for very long because my skin is so fair.
.
56. Every other year I spend a week with my parents in their time share at Williamsburg, VA.

57. I would love to spend a week in the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.

58. I love small towns.

59. I wore braces for two years.

60. Los Lupes, The Cheesecake Factory, Golden Corral, and Mimi's Cafe are a few of my favorite restaurants.

61. I love Mexican food.

62. During the past year, my favorite part of each day was watching my five-year-old jump off the school bus and come running towards me with a big smile on his face.

63. I'm not scared of spiders. I wish I could say the same about snakes.

64. I love fashion and clothes.

65. My dream home is the Colllinwood house plan by Frank Betz.

66. I love homes with hardwood floors and crowned molding.

67. When I was in high school I used to memorize poetry while curling my hair into countless spirals.

68. I had HUGE eighties hair.

69. I've always been interested in personality tests and testing, even ones with little scientific validity.

70. Math was my hardest subject in school.

71. I was super studious when I was in college.

72. I am considering the possibility of learning to shoot a gun.

73. I worry about hurting people's feelings.

74. I am most productive in the mornings and the laziest in the evenings.

75. As a kid I didn't like having red hair, but now I love it.

76. I am left-handed.

77. I am horrible at sports.

78. I have little interests in the lives or activities of celebrities.

79. I hate camping.

80. I look forward to General Conference, and not just because it means I don't have to get ready for church. :-)

81. I usually like doing laundry. I hate cleaning toilets, especially the one used by my three little boys.

82. I often listen to lectures from The Great Courses series while I am running errands.

83. When I was a little girl, my brothers and I loved to explore the sand hills behind my parents home. For some reason we referred to them, "The hills of Canada."

84. I love to bake chocolate chip cookies. Unfortunately, I like eating them even more. :-(

85. I like taking naps.

86. I enjoy eating out, although I don't do it very often.

87. I am excited/nervous to go back to school this fall.

88. I am very grateful to have a living prophet!

89. I worry too much about what other people think of me.

90. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall.

91. I enjoy traveling.

92. I have been to 48 states. Someday I'm going to make it to Alaska and Hawaii.

93. I like to volunteer in my childrens' elementary school classes.

94. My world revolves around my family.

95. I love being a mom! The older my kids get, the more I seem to enjoy motherhood.

96. During my semester abroad in Israel, I also visited Jordan, Egypt, and France. I'd love to travel the rest of the world.

97. My last name has no connection to the town in which I live. Just a random coincidence I guess.

98. Each summer I question my decision to live in Southern Nevada.

99. I love hugs!!

100. I just finished  reading the Hunger Games Series.

Whew!!! I can't believe anyone actually made it through all 100 things about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment