Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Shopping Expedition

Last Saturday my daughter, my sister, and I went on a little shopping expedition to St. George. My first stop-DownEast Basics. Oh how I love that store!

I needed to return the Florist Top. I had ordered it online, but it seemed a little snug. I tried on a larger size, but it still didn't look quite right. I returned it.

I also had high hopes for the Statuesque Top, but it too failed to live up to my expectations. In person it was short and boxy rather than long and regal. I passed it up.

Fortunately, the Sparkle Stem top, surpassed my expectations. The color and style are actually much nicer in person. I sized up in order to get a looser look. The one drawback is that it is handwash only. Ugh!! I usually ignore handwash only labels and machine wash anyways. However, I don't think the sequins on this top could survive the machine. Despite the lousy washing requirments, I bought this top anyways because it is super cute.

I also purchased the cravat tee. I love the style and the color is a little more green and less gray than it looks in the picture. I adore the style and can't wait to wear it!


I also bought the Decorator Tee. Love, love, love the color!

I also tried on The Hot Shot jeans and really liked them. I figured I was spending enough money though and decided to wait to buy them another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment