Friday, May 6, 2011

My Egypt Excursion

Lately I've been thinking how fun it would be to go on a cruise down the Nile River. I traveled to Egypt during my study abroad semester in Israel. I loved it-the pyramids, the museums, the temples-all of it! There is something exotic and magical about Egypt and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to go back someday! Unfortunately, a trip to Egypt, is not in my plans for the near future, so I'm exploring Egypt in the best way I can for now, by listening to a set of audio lectures on Egypt from the Great Course Series. I finished the set on The History of the Human Language and decided to try the set on Egypt. I've listened to the first twelve lectures, and have really enjoyed them. If I ever do get to return, I'll appreciate it all the more because I'll know more about the history of what I'm seeing.

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with Egypt too, and have had my eye on that Great Courses Egyptian series for a while. I'm glad you are enjoying it. I might have to actually get motivated and order it from my library too :)

    ReplyDelete